“Personal information” or "personal data” is defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), to the extent these laws are applicable to your data. In the event that none of these laws apply, “personal information” or similarly termed concepts under applicable data privacy laws means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. Personal information and personal data do not include aggregated or de-identified information that is not linked, or could not reasonably be linked, to you. Furthermore, personal information does not include certain types of public information.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
1. Contact and general personal details, such as your name, (business) email address, (business) phone number, (business) address, the organization that you represent, position (employment relationship with your organization), zip code.
2. Network traffic data and other related data, such as IP address and information obtained from cookies and similar tracking technology used on our Website, from your use of our Website, such as your browsing activities and device type.
3. For job applicants and candidates, we may also collect your contact information, employment history and experience, education and demographic information such as gender, ethnicity, race, disability and veteran status, date of birth, references and other information you choose to provide in a resume or job application.
4. When you agree, we may also collect video or audio recordings of meetings or customer support interactions for quality improvement activities.
We collect personal information about you in different ways, including:
1. When you provide it to us directly (for example when you request a demo, subscribe to our marketing communications, attend our webinars or events, request that we contact you regarding our products, or when you send us communications through our Website, email, or chat messenger);
2. Through your organization, where your organization wants to make use of our services;
3. When you submit a job application or resume to us;
4. Information collected automatically when you visit or use the Website; and
5. From referring ads, platforms or other third-party sources such as social media platforms you use to interact with us.
We may collect your name, company, company e-mail and phone number and other contact information if you are referred to our Website or Sites from another platform such as a social media site or advertising partner and may share certain information back to the referring platform. We may also collect business contact information from publicly available sources to identify potential customers for our application and products.
We use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
1. To provide and improve the Website, Sites, marketing and sales of our services.
2. To respond to your and your organization’s requests.
3. To communicate with you and others.
4. To process your employment application and evaluate your candidacy.
5. To detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity.
6. To debug, identify and fix Website and Sites errors.
7. To comply with legal obligations.
8. To serve customized ads and related marketing content to you and to customize your interaction with the Sites.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for as set out under the previous section Why do we collect your personal information, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize or de-identify your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Fin may disclose and share the personal information it collects about you:
1. With the vendors, service providers, and other third parties (collectively “Service Providers”) we use to provide our services. For example, Fin may share your name, business contact information, and network traffic data (each as specified under categories of personal information above) with third-party advertisers or ad networks to assist us in marketing our services and identifying similar customers to whom we may market our services. For clarification purposes, Fin does not disclose or share “production data” (data generated by customers’ employees and contractors through the use of the Fin extension) with third-party advertisers or ad networks.
2. In connection with a potential or actual change of ownership or control of all or part of Fin or its assets (such as in the case of a merger, acquisition, or reorganization).
3. Should Fin have a group of companies either now or in the future: Within Fin’s group of companies for administrative, management and accounting purposes, and as part of Fin’s regular reporting activities on company performance, in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise, for system maintenance support and hosting of data.
4. With governments or other third parties, if Fin is legally obliged to do so, Fin will share data we collect with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies or as necessary to enforce our legal rights or protect the rights and safety of you or others.
For information on the personal information (as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 or the “CCPA”) we collected about California residents in the last 12 months, the sources of that information, our business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the third parties with whom we shared that information, please refer to the corresponding sections of this policy for details as follows:
If you are a California resident, you also have the following rights under the CCPA:
1. **Right to Know**. You have the right to ask Fin to disclose to you certain categories of personal information Fin collected, sold or disclosed, who it was sold or disclosed to, and the reason why it was collected, sold, and/or disclosed in the last 12 months. To exercise this right, please email your request to email@example.com or complete our online request form.
2. **Right to Access**. You have the right to request access to the personal information Fin collected, used, disclosed and/or sold about you individually in the last 12 months. Fin is not required to fulfill your request more than twice in a 12-month period. To exercise this right, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online request form.
3. **Right to Opt-Out**. You have the right to opt out or ask Fin not to sell your personal information. While Fin does not sell your information in exchange for money, Fin does share certain information for Fin’s marketing and advertising activities in a way that may constitute a sale under California law. To exercise this right, please complete Fin’s online request form or email us at email@example.com.
4. **Right to Request Deletion**. You have the right to request Fin to delete any personal information Fin maintains about you. Please note that certain exceptions may apply to your right to delete information, such as when Fin must retain personal information as required or permitted by law and Fin will also maintain a record of your deletion request. Fin will notify you if any such exceptions apply to your request. To exercise this right, please complete our online request form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. **Right to Non-Discrimination**. Fin will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under the CCPA.
An authorized agent may make a request on your behalf. Fin may request your name and contact information from you or your agent so that Fin can verify your identity.
In the last 12 months, Fin disclosed or sold (as defined by California CCPA) your first and last name, company name, business email address, and zip code to third parties for the commercial purposes of marketing and customizing our services and product offerings to you, account based marketing, and finding similar people with whom to market Fin’s products. Fin’s Service Providers and marketing partners (such as, but not limited to, Google Ads, Facebook, and LinkedIn, may use this information on behalf of third parties to market to you unless you opt out). Fin does not collect or sell the personal information of persons under age 16.
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents with whom Fin has a business relationship can also request information about the types of personal information, if any, Fin shared with third parties for the direct marketing purposes of the third parties and the identities of the third parties with whom we shared such information in the last 12 months. You may request more information by contacting Fin at email@example.com.
For the quickest response, contact Fin directly by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. Fin.com does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser. For more information regarding Do Not Track signals and how to enable this setting, if available, on your devices please see https://allaboutdnt.com.
Fin permits third parties such as third-party ad networks to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit Fin’s Website or interact with Fin’s advertisements.
Fin may preserve and disclose any information Fin collects in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, subpoena, or government request or investigation) if Fin has a good faith belief that the law requires it to do so.
Fin implements reasonable administrative, technical, organizational and physical safeguard measures designed to protect your personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, modification, access, disclosure or use.
Fin’s Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Fin does not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under the age of 13. Should Fin learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to the Website, Fin will remove it as soon as possible.
If you have questions about this policy, you can email Fin at email@example.com.
June 23rd 2022