Why turnkey solutions might be the best option for digitizing your operations team workflow
Turnkey solutions offer a cost-effective solution to various business problems such as CX and operations teams' CRM needs. Because turnkey solutions are pre-existing they tend to be easier and less experienced to implement and are tried and tested solutions. Turnkey solutions are now tailor-made, however, in many cases, they are a great alternative to expensive and time-consuming custom software that does the same job.
What are Turnkey Solutions?
Turnkey solutions are end-to-end solutions that are ready to go as soon as they are deployed throughout a business process. The phrase ‘turnkey’ comes from the company's ability to ‘turn a key’, metaphorically speaking, and immediately commence a business activity in the newly built structure. Turnkey solutions are usually cheaper and easier to use but lack some customization. In some instances, companies will want more customization in their software and will be willing to pay the extra financial price to have it, but in many cases, a turnkey solution is an excellent way to save resources and increase efficiency.
When are turnkey solutions the best option for your business?
In many cases, there are turnkey solutions that already exist that companies can employ to solve their problems. Creating customized solutions can be costly and time-consuming, so it’s always with investigating current turnkey solutions first. They may be the best solution if:
- The need you have is non-specific: In many cases, companies will not need custom software built for digital issues. For example, a retail operations team is unlikely to need a custom-built CRM as there are many options already on the market.
- Keeping costs low is a priority: Turnkey solutions tend to be less costly than custom-built solutions, however, it does mean they are less effective.
- Your company does not desire a full-scale digital transformation: A Full-scale digital transformation might not be possible for your company or is currently unwanted. In these cases, a turnkey solution allows for some digitalization without going all in.
- Your company needs an established solution: Turnkey solutions are tried and tested to solve problems, which means there is little time wasted on testing techniques that are not going to work for your company or solve your problem.
What You Should Consider Before Opting For A Turnkey Solution
Although adopting a turnkey solution is easier than a custom solution, there are always considerations before rolling one out throughout your company, such as:
- Consideration of your processes: Consider how your processes could be improved and look for a turnkey solution that can meet that need, without disrupting your current processes in a negative way. A solution should work for your process without having to reinvent the wheel; changes should be made but should not outweigh the benefits.
- Your company’s strengths and weaknesses: Will the turnkey solution complement the former and alleviate the latter? Shop around for a solution that works for you.
- How the solution will be adopted by your employees: Much like when considering the current process, consider how your employees will work with the new solution.
As with any software adoption, having a plan in place will allow for a smoother transition.
Examples of Turnkey Solutions
There are turnkey solutions for CX and operations leaders that allow you to manage various processes throughout the customer lifecycle, such as:
- Optimizing your business process outsourcing performance and costs by using turnkey solutions to plan capacity, benchmark performance, reduce waste, and equip BPO agents with the right technology and equipment they need to succeed.
- Improve resource management with CX capacity planning insights by using turnkey solutions to accurately forecast capacity needs, minimize waste, and to create process maps, and pinpoint where capacity is needed, saving you time and money.
- Optimize your CX and customer operations technology stack by using turnkey solutions to definitively show the impact of new applications, pinpoint problems within software and hardware, eliminate shelfware, and reduce online distractions.
Fin’s Work Insights Platform is a turnkey solution that enables you to make process improvements with powerful methods of viewing how work is performed across thousands of instances. Roll out across your entire organization is quick and easy, and it enables end-to-end insights across all actions that take place within the browser.